Advertising for chocolate by the Ivorian soccer player Didier Drogba
Sending chocolate whatever the type (dark,milk or white chocolate)can say the biggest thank you, be a way to show your love, or a means to make a friend for life. From chocolate covered strawberries and simple chocolate boxes, to an extravagant array of international chocolates and their creative applications and uses, finding the right gift to send can be overwhelming.
CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla in small bowl until blended. Add powdered sugar and milk; beat to spreading consistency. About 1 cup frosting.
- The West African country of Côte d’Ivoire alone produces some 1.4 million tons of beans a year
which represents 30% of the production in the world.
- Ghana is the world’s second largest producer with over 600,000 tons per year.
- Other top cacao-growing countries are Indonesia, Brazil, Ecuador, Togo, Mexico and Papua New Guinea.
- Cacao beans are grown also in other Latin American countries and the Caribbean, but their share of the market is smaller.
As many children, during my childhood I was really attracted by sweets in particular chocolate. One day, my uncle asked me “I know you love chocolate, but do you know how chocolate is made?” I answered “not really”. The next time he came home to visit us, he brought to me a bag of cocoa pods and he told me that chocolate was made from cocoa. Actually, my uncle was a great cocoa farmer in the country. Also, he was very passionate of his job. In front of my first cocoa pods, I could not realize how chocolate was made. There was no similarity between both.While growing up, I understood that farmers deserve respect for all the work they do. It is amazing all the work accomplished from a simple cocoa pod to get the different types of chocolate we see in the stores. It is the result of meticulous work.